Trap Falls Schoolhouse (1872)

The Trap Falls School is a former one-room schoolhouse located at the Shelton History Center complex. Built in 1872, it originally stood at the corner of Huntington Street and Trap Fall Road in Shelton. It was later acquired by the Bridgeport Hydraulic Company, which constructed the nearby Trap Falls Reservoir and used the school building as a storage shed. The company donated it to the Shelton Historical Society in 1971.

45-51 Pratt Street, Hartford (1919)

The commercial building at 45-51 Pratt Street in Hartford was designed by Isaac A. Allen, Jr. Built in 1919, it is notable for its fanciful Gothic detailing, rendered in white terra-cotta. The building also clearly displays its modern use of structural steel allowing large areas of glass. The first floor detailing was later obscured by alterations to the building, but was restored in more recent years.

St. Peter Church, Torrington (1928)

St. Peter parish in Torrington was formed in 1907, when Bishop Michael A. Tierney named Father Joachim C. Martinez as pastor to the city’s Italian immigrants. Beginning in a basement chapel on Center Street, the parish later faced closure, but a parish committee successfully appealed for the restoration of a permanent pastor in 1914. The parish then expanded, building a new church at 107 East Main Street in 1927-1928 and opening a parish school in 1956, which combined with St. Francis School in 2005.