Little is known about Daniel Belden, who was an early (or perhaps the very first) occupant of the house at 1210 Mill Street in Berlin. Considered to be one of the finest Greek Revival-style houses in town, the Belden House
St. Gabriel’s Episcopal Church is located at 68 Main Street in East Berlin. It was built in 1897, at a time when East Berlin was experiencing a boom during the heyday of the nearby Berlin Iron Bridge Company. The church
The house at 161 Main Street in East Berlin was built in 1888 by Mary O. Bunce. Married to Thomas A. Bunce, a blacksmith, Mary Bunce was the biggest real estate developer in East Berlin in the 1880s and 1890s.
Happy Easter! Sacred Heart Catholic Church, located at 66 Cottage Street in East Berlin, was erected in 1896-1897. At the time, the Catholic population of East Berlin was expanding rapidly, in large part owing to the growth of the Berlin
A sign on the house at 136 Middletown Road in Berlin bears the name Timothy Hubbard and the year 1735. The house was long associated with the Bulkley family. About 1825 it was acquired by Colonel William Bulkley (died 1878),
In 1893, the Ajax Envelope Company of New York City and the Howard Manufacturing Company of Jersey City formed the American Paper Goods Company and moved their operations to Kensington in Berlin, where they secured water rights on the Mattabessett
The house at 245 Main Street in Berlin was built in 1911 by Dominick Venturo, a maker of ice cream and cider. The house’s masonry construction, which contrasts red and yellow brick, and use of segmental-arched windows are features associated