The two adjoining business blocks at 46-52 and 42-44 Main Street in Ansonia are both referred to as the Gardella Block in the nomination for the Upper Main Street Historic District. They are part of a row of five buildings
The Ansonia Housing Authority is located at 36 Main Street in Ansonia, at the end of a row of adjoining commercial blocks on the west side of Main Street, just south of the intersection with the Maple Street Bridge. The
The Y.M.C.A. in Ansonia dates back to 1866. Now the Valley Y.M.C.A., it serves citizens of Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour and Shelton. Its its current building is at 12 State Street in Ansonia. The building was erected in 1924.
Bishop John J. Nilan created Holy Rosary Catholic parish in 1908 to serve Ansonia’s Italian immigrants. The parish worshiped at the former Assumption Parish Church on Main Street (a new Assumption Church had just been erected on North Cliff Street).
The Hotchkiss Block in Ansonia is a commercial building at 54-64 Main Street. It was part of a row of buildings erected by 1881 that were owned by W & L Hotchkiss Company, builders, which dissolved in 1885.
The church at 23 Franklin Street, at the corner of Arch Street, in Ansonia was built between 1900 and 1906: it does not appear on the 1900 Sanborn insurance map, but does appear on the 1906 Sanborn map, where it
At 153 Main Street in Ansonia is a large former factory building that was built c. 1900 by the Ansonia Osborne and Cheeseman Company. As described in The History of the Old Town of Derby, Connecticut, 1642-1880 (1880), by Samuel