The house at 222 Barbourtown Road in Canton, long owned by the Gillette family, was built c. 1846-1851 by Henry P. Lane. The house appears to have been much expanded over the years.
By 1852, the house at 99 Great Hill Road (as well as the land across the street) in North Guilford was owned by Victor Fowler (1799-1868). It is uncertain when the house was built, but it may date to c.
The house at 2734 Long Hill Road in North Guilford is thought to have been built c. 1835 and may have been used as a store. It has previously been dated c. 1825.
Masjid al-Mustafa in East Hartford (there is also a Masjid al-Mustafa in Waterbury) is a mosque located in a former house at 20 Church Street. The house was built circa 1840 and was remodeled in 1880. Before becoming a mosque,
Three brothers, George, Clark and Thomas Greenman, founded the George Greenman & Co. Shipyard in Mystic (now the location of Mystic Seaport). Each erected a house along Greenmanville Avenue, the last being the home of Thomas S. Greenman. Erected in
The house at 66 Greenwood Avenue in Bethel is transitional between the architectural styles of the Greek Revival (note the columns on the front porch) and the Italianate (note the rooftop cupola with curved windows). The house was erected c.
Now used as an attorney’s office, the house at 152 Greenwood Avenue in Bethel was built c. 1845. From at least 1851 until 1867, it was the home of Andrew L. Benedict (born 1822), a New York merchant who also