Nathan Gould House (1856)

October 20th, 2011 Posted in Bridgeport, Houses, Octagon

At the intersection of Barnum Avenue and Harriet Street in Bridgeport is an Octagon house, built around 1856. The structure has the gravel wall with stuccoed exterior typical of this type of house, poularized in the 1850s by Orson Squire Fowler. Traditionally considered to have been built by P.T. Barnum, the house was actually built by Nathan Gould.

Post a Comment