Construction began in 1802 on St. Peter’s Episcopal Church on the Green in Monroe. The Federal-style church, completed in 1807, has been attributed by J. Frederick Kelly to the architect David Hoadley, who designed a number of churches in Connecticut. The Episcopal church building, the oldest in Monroe, was raised for additional space in the 1920s. The church rectory (below), at 171 Old Tannery Road, was built in the early nineteenth century by Dr. Ezra Curtis and was acquired by the church in the 1950s.
Churches, Federal Style, Monroe
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.