Hopkins Inn (1847)

July 18th, 2011 Posted in Greek Revival, Italianate, Taverns & Inns, Warren

The Hopkins Inn, overlooking Lake Waramaug in Warren, was opened in 1847 as a summer boarding house by Deacon William Hopkins on the farm he had inherited from his father, Elijah Hopkins. His son and grandsons, including George C. Hopkins, continued to operate the boarding house. Closed during the Second World War, it was reopened in 1945 by William Hopkins’ great-grandson, George Hosford Hopkins, and continues in operation today as an inn, restaurant and vineyard.

Post a Comment