Old Town Hall, Hebron (1838)

April 18th, 2011 Posted in Churches, Greek Revival, Hebron, Public Buildings

Hebron‘s Old Town Hall was built in 1838 on Hebron Green as a Methodist meeting house. The Methodist Society in Hebron broke up around 1850 and in 1863 the building was sold to the town for use as a town hall, at which time the structure was lowered to one story. It was used for town meetings until 1950 and afterwards was used by various civic organizations for meetings. Since 1971, the Old Town Hall has been owned and maintained as a museum by the Hebron Historical Society, which recently restored the building.

Share Button

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.