The John Barker House, at 899 [or 900] Clintonville Road in Wallingford, is possibly the oldest brick house in Connecticut. The gambrel-roofed structure was built by John Barker, a wealthy farmer and slave-owner. The Barker House shares similarities of construction with Connecticut Hall at Yale University, an even earlier brick building. The house has a wood-frame rear ell, built around 1814.
Colonial, Houses, Wallingford