Built in Hartford in 1858, this Italian villa is across Wethersfield Avenue from Armsmear. It was first bought by merchant Albert Day. Later owners included Mary Borden Munsill and Edwin Taylor. It had a notable restoration in 1979 and now serves as offices. A recent article discusses this house in relation to the ideas of Andrew Jackson Downing on the benefits of the Italian style.
Hartford, Houses, Italianate