George W. Loomis House (1860)

June 17th, 2007 Posted in Houses, Italianate, Suffield

georgewloomis.JPG

Built in 1860 on South Main Street in Suffield by the tobacco baron John Welles Loomis for his son, George W. Loomis. In 1912, a group of Polish residents bought the Italianate house, which now serves as the rectory for the adjacent St. Joseph’s Church. Behind the house is St. Joseph’s Convent.

Post a Comment