The Alfred Hart House (1918)

August 5th, 2010 Posted in Colonial Revival, Houses, Shingle Style, Waterbury

The house at 86 Buckingham Street in Waterbury was built around the end of the First World War for Alfred Hart, vice-president of the R. F. Griggs Company. The house, which has cedar shake siding, was designed by Davis and Brooks of Hartford.

  1. One Response to “The Alfred Hart House (1918)”

  2. By Ken on Aug 6, 2010

    Davis & Brooks, architects, has offices in both Hartford and New Britain Connecticut and were successful commercial and residential architects. The firm is best know for the Municipal Building in Hartford, Connecticut. William F. Brooks, a New Britain resident, designed the Erwin Building of the New Britain Public Library in 1900, the renovation of the Landers house into the New Britain Museum of American Art in 1937, and numerous homes in the West End of New Britain. He also was active in the New Britain Institute both in the Library and the New Britain Museum of American Art. He was a gifted watercolor artist as well.

Post a Comment