Crosthwaite Building (1911)

August 3rd, 2010 Posted in Commercial Buildings, Hartford, Renaissance Revival

The Crosthwaite Building (pdf), on Allyn Street in Hartford, is a loft building, built in 1911. It originally housed the Hartford Wire Works Company (whose president was Frederick Crosthwaite), followed by other light manufacturing operations. Designed by Isaac A. Allen, Jr., the building was restored in 1984 by Stecker La Bau Arneill.

Post a Comment