One of a number of brick houses on Windsor Avenue in Windsor, the Martin Barber House at no. 992 was built around 1835. Barber bought the land, probably with the already completed house, from Margaret Roberts in 1839. Martin Barber ran a brick yard, with his brother Edward, located just south of his house. The house later passed to Barber’s wife, Eliza, in 1877 and then to his daughter, Caroline Barber Adams.
Federal Style, Houses, Windsor