Located on the grounds of the Institute of Living in Hartford (which had begun as the Connecticut Retreat for the Insane, founded by Dr. Eli Todd), Elizabeth Chapel was donated by Dr. Gurdon Wadsworth Russell in memory of his first wife. Constructed in 1875 of Westerly Granite, the chapel was designed by George Keller, utilizing a variation on the same basic plan he had made earlier for his Grace Episcopal Church in Windsor.
Churches, Gothic, Hartford
- Apr 2, 2008: Historic Buildings of Connecticut » Blog Archive » White Hall, Institute of Living (1877)
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.