The James Colt House (1856)

February 20th, 2008 Posted in Hartford, Houses, Italianate

jamescolt.jpg

Built on Wethersfield Avenue in Hartford for the brother of Sam Colt, the Italianate-style James Colt House was built in 1856. Like the other Italianate houses along the same block, including Sam Colt’s own Armsmear, with which it shares many design features, the James Colt House has been attributed to the architect Octavius J. Jordan. In 1976, the house was the first in Hartford to be restored with a grant from the National Park Service and Federal tax incentives.

  1. One Response to “The James Colt House (1856)”

  2. By RED HATS on Mar 28, 2011

    HOW CAN WE IUR AS A GROUP?

Post a Comment