Theodore Walker House (1829)

February 13th, 2018 Posted in Federal Style, Houses, Woodbury

According to Homes of Old Woodbury (published by the Old Woodbury Historical Society in 1959), on January 21, 1829, Theodore Walker and his brother Joseph purchased an acre of land to build their homes on Washington Road in Woodbury. Theodore built his house, at 13 Washington Road, later that year and on November 7, 1829 deeded half of the land to his brother, who built his own house next door the following year. The original large center chimney of the Theodore Walker House was removed in the 1930s. The Walker brothers were great-great-great-grandsons of Zaccharias Walker, the first Congregational minister in Woodbury.

Post a Comment