Distinct School No. 3, Glastonbury (1820)

February 12th, 2018 Posted in Glastonbury, Greek Revival, Houses, Schools

The two-family residence at 52-54 Hubbard Street in Glastonbury was built in 1820 as a one-room schoolhouse. It was used as the town’s District School No. 3, called the Green School because it served students from the area of Hubbard Green. It became a private residence in 1934. When it was used as a school, there was a small bell-tower on the west (left) end, where there were also two doors next to each other instead of the current two doors at opposite ends.

Post a Comment