Major Edwin Eaton House (1835)

December 8th, 2017 Posted in Chaplin, Greek Revival, Houses

Major Edwin Eaton (died 1873) was involved in the lumber business and was a carpenter-builder in Chaplin. He constructed many homes there in the early nineteenth century, including his own residence, built around 1835. Located at 342 Phoenixville Road, the house was owned in 1855 by John William Griggs (1822-1897), who was a decon of the Congregational Church.

Post a Comment