Joseph Hamilton House (1899)

November 24th, 2017 Posted in East Hartford, Houses, Queen Anne

The house at 86 Central Avenue in East Hartford was built between 1894 and 1903 by Joseph Hamilton, a clerk. He acquired the property from P. Boyle, who had acquired it from Patrick Garvan, who developed Garvan Street. It was one of several lots acquired by Garvan in 1871. This well-preserved example of the Queen Anne style displays the use of contrasting siding on two different stories.

Post a Comment