Stephen Brooks House (1805)

October 17th, 2017 Posted in Federal Style, Haddam, Houses

The house at 384 Saybrook Road in Higganum (in Haddam) was originally erected in 1805 as a three-bay residence with a side hall (the front door being in the right bay). A two-bay addition was constructed in 1981 on the west side (so now the front door is in the central of five bays). The house was built by Stephen Brooks (1777-1860), a manufacturer and carpenter. In 1848 he sold the house to Calvin Hull, whose family owned the house for several decades.

Post a Comment