Helen Plumb Building (1883)

September 16th, 2017 Posted in Organizations, Public Buildings, Trumbull, Vernacular

From 1883 to 1957, the building at 571 Church Hill Road in Trumbull served as the Town Hall. It was Trumbull’s second Town Hall. The first Town Hall, purchased by the Town of Trumbull in 1862, was a building on Daniels Farm Road, formerly known as Beach’s Tavern. Some years ago the old second Town Hall building on Church Hill Road was renovated and it is now used by the Trumbull Chamber of Commerce. The building is named for Helen E. Plumb (1904-2001), who was town clerk in Trumbull for many years.

Located next to the Plumb Building is an old house at 279 Church Hill Road. It is believed to have once been the home of a Trumbull Center railroad stationmaster [was this Arthur E. Plumb, father of Helen Plumb?].

Post a Comment