Comstock, Cheney & Company House #1 (1872)

September 8th, 2017 Posted in Essex, Folk Victorian, Houses, Vernacular

At 116 Main Street in Ivoryton is the first of a number of company houses built by Comstock, Cheney & Company, manufacturers of combs and other ivory products. The company sold the house to a private owner, Giles Augustus Bull (1851-1930), in 1900. Bull was a foreman at the company who married Anna Comstock, grandniece of company founder Samuel M. Comstock.

Post a Comment