J. Ferry & Sons Funeral Home (1937)

September 4th, 2017 Posted in Commercial Buildings, Meriden, Renaissance Revival

Starting in 1890, John J. Ferry was a liverymen in Meriden. With his two sons, Thomas L. Ferry, Sr. and William A. Ferry, he formed the undertaking firm of John J. Ferry & Sons. John J. Ferry died in 1918, leaving the business to his sons. In 1937 they erected the building at 88 East Main Street in Meriden where the fourth generation continues the funeral home business.

Post a Comment