Selden Gladwin House (1823)

July 19th, 2017 Posted in Federal Style, Haddam, Houses

Selden Gladwin (1794-1883) was a merchant, farmer and manufacturer who played a major role in the establishment of the Higganum Congregational Church. In 1816 he married Lydia Lane and in 1823 he built the house at 365 Saybrook Road in Higganum (in Haddam). The house remained in the Gladwin family until 1948.

Post a Comment