Colby-Tripp House (1864)

June 21st, 2017 Posted in Houses, Italianate, Mystic, Stonington

The house at 36 Denison Avenue in Mystic was built in 1864 for John N. Colby. He was a ship and sign carver and decorator who also held a number of patents, including one with John E. Coffin from 1875 for a combined cane and umbrella. From 1866 to 1892, the house was the residence of Capt. George E. Tripp. He had married Lydia Stanton Spicer in 1855.

Post a Comment