Wheeler Library (1900)

May 26th, 2017 Posted in Libraries, North Stonington, Romanesque Revival, Schools

The Wheeler Library, 101 Main Street in North Stonington, is a private institution that serves as a public library for the Town of North Stonington. Funded with money donated by the Wheeler family, the Library was built in 1900 of Westerly granite. It was originally a school as well as a library, until the secondary school on the first floor moved out in the 1950s.

Post a Comment