Madison Post Office (1940)

May 4th, 2017 Posted in Colonial Revival, Madison, Public Buildings

The United States Post Office in Madison (781 Boston Post Road) was completed in 1940. Inside is a New Deal era mural called “Gathering Seaweed from the Sound,” painted by William Abbott Cheever in 1940. The building and mural were created using Treasury Department funds.

Post a Comment