The house at 545 Amity Road in Bethany was built in 1762. It faces south, parallel to the road, and is built into a hillside. The earliest known conveyance of the property was in 1851 from Lysias Beecher to David Beecher and William M. Hull. It passed through other owners until Hubert W. Delano acquired it in 1946. It was conveyed to Edna L. Delano (1890-1982) in 1955. In 1996, her sons, Hubert and William Delano, gave a parcel of land south of the house, called the Delano Sanctuary, to the Bethany Land Trust in honor of their mother, Edna L. Delano.
Bethany, Colonial, Greek Revival, Houses