William Tomlinson House (1836)

April 5th, 2017 Posted in Greek Revival, Houses, Oxford

The house at 467 Quaker Farms Road in Oxford was built in 1836 by William Tomlinson. It was next owned by Stephen S. Mallett, who sold it in 1899 to Charles Davis, a prominent farmer who was active at Christ Church, located directly across the street. After his death, the house was owned by his step-daughter, J. Mabel Lum (1880-1964), an influential citizen of Oxford who was also active at Christ Church. For a time the property was the Quaker Farms Nursery.

Post a Comment