Strand Theater, Seymour (1921)

February 3rd, 2017 Posted in Art Deco, Commercial Buildings, Seymour, Theaters, Vernacular

The building at 163-169 Main Street in Seymour was built in 1921 and was originally called the Donavan Building. Its front marquee was added c. 1941 when the Stand Theater opened. It later became a second-run theater and is one of Connecticut’s few remaining single-screen movie houses. Its Art Deco interior was restored in the 1990s. The building is owned by the Knights of Columbus.

Post a Comment