Gilead Congregational Church (1838)

December 18th, 2016 Posted in Churches, Greek Revival, Hebron

In 1747 residents of Hebron voted to crate a second Congregational parish within the town. Located in the section called Gilead, the new church was formally incorporated in May 1748 and the first meeting house was erected the following year. This building was torn down and replaced by the current Gilead Congregational Church, located at 672 Gilead Street, in 1838.

Post a Comment