Levi Robinson House (1802)

December 17th, 2016 Posted in Federal Style, Houses, North Stonington

The Federal style-house at 62 Main Street in North Stonington was built c. 1802 by Colonel Nathan Wheeler (1772-1829). It was next owned by Nathan’s son, Giles Wheeler (1801-1866), who most likely was the builder of the store that is adjacent to the house. The house is named for later owner Levi Robinson, who owned a trip hammer works where iron was forged.

Post a Comment