John Tyler House (1710)

November 15th, 2016 Posted in Branford, Colonial, Houses

John Tyler House

The house at 242-250 East Main Street in Branford is thought to have been built by John Tyler, Jr. around 1710-1715. A rear lean-to, added later in the eighteenth century, gives the house a saltbox shape. A later owner was James Goodrich Palmer (Jimmy Palmer), who lived in the house for twenty years and made cheese in the second floor bedroom. The house is now a bed & breakfast.

Post a Comment