Former Immanuel Lutheran Church (1894)

November 6th, 2016 Posted in Churches, Folk Victorian, Organizations, Seymour

immanuel-lutheran-church

The German Lutheran Church in Seymour, later known as Immanuel Lutheran Church, was organized in 1893. A church building at 56 West Street in Seymour was dedicated on Thanksgiving Day, 1894. In the 1970s the church’s congregation moved to a larger building on Great Hill Road in Oxford. The former church on West Street, much remodeled, is now owned by the Valley Detachment of the Marine Corps League.

Post a Comment