Seymour Trust Company (1923)

October 5th, 2016 Posted in Banks, Neoclassical, Seymour

seymour-trust-company

The Valley National Bank, with offices at the corner of Main and Bank Streets in Seymour, was formed in 1900. In 1904 it dissolved and was replaced by the Seymour Trust Company. The company erected a new building in 1922-1923 at 115 Main Street, which opened on October 26, 1923. Today the building is a branch of Bank of America. It has a single-story stone-faced addition, built in 1981, that stretches south of the main block.

001

Post a Comment