SS Cyril & Methodius Orthodox Church, Terryville (1979)

October 2nd, 2016 Posted in Byzantine Revival, Churches, Plymouth, Postmodern

ss-cyril-methodius-orthodox-church

Saints Cyril & Methodius Russian Orthodox Church in Terryville in the town of Plymouth was established in 1908. The parish was formed after a split among the Rusyn/Lemko membership of the St. Michael Brotherhood of Terryville between Greek Catholic and Russian Orthodox factions. The Greek Catholics built St. Michael’s Church in 1910, while the Russian Orthodox built Saints Cyril & Methodius Church on the corner of Fairview and Ames Avenues in 1912. This original church, later enlarged, was replaced by by the current building circa 1979.

Post a Comment