Rev. Hezekiah Bissell House (1750)

September 2nd, 2016 Posted in Bloomfield, Colonial, Houses

669 Bloomfield Ave Rev Hezekiah Bissell 1750

In 1738 the Rev. Hezekiah Bissell became the first pastor of the parish of Wintonbury (now the First Congregational Church in Bloomfield), serving 45 years until his death in 1783. Rev. Bissell’s house, built in 1750, is located at 669 Bloomfield Avenue. His table stone is located in the Old Wintonbury Cemetery.

Post a Comment