Woodbury Town Archive Building (1888)

August 26th, 2016 Posted in Greek Revival, Libraries, Public Buildings, Woodbury

Archive Building

The small brick structure at 6 Main Street South in Woodbury was built in 1888 on land sold to the town by Charles Hurd with the stipulation that the town would retain use of it or ownership would revert to his heirs. The building served as the Town Clerk’s office from 1888 until 1952. It was renovated in 1986 by the Old Woodbury Historical Society, which uses it as a library and archive of old town records.

Post a Comment