Essex Square Theatre (1925)

July 30th, 2016 Posted in Colonial Revival, Commercial Buildings, Essex, Theaters

Essex Square Theater

The Benjamin Williams, Jr. Homestead was erected in 1814 at what is now Essex Square in Essex. In 1925 the old house was removed and replaced by the Essex Square Theatre building. The theatre showed movies and also had space for four retail stores and four offices. Films played there until 1972 and in 1984 the building was acquired by Talbots.

Post a Comment