St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, Oxford (1835)

July 10th, 2016 Posted in Churches, Gothic, Oxford

001

St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Oxford was founded in 1764. The parish’s first church was erected in 1767 on land on Governor’s Hill Road purchased from Joseph Davis. The church was not consecrated until 1816. In 1834 the parish decided to erect a new church, which was presumably completed the following year. The church was enlarged and redecorated in 1878. A new parish hall, connected to the church, was built in 1963.

002

Post a Comment