Dexter-Wallace House (1834)

May 30th, 2016 Posted in Houses, Mansfield, Vernacular

Dexter-Wallace House

According to Mansfield Four Corners (2003), by Rudy J. Favretti, the house at 1637 Storrs Road in Mansfield was built sometime between 1818 and 1834 by Darius Dexter. It had many owners over the years and was acquired in 1931 by Raymond H. Wallace (1899-1965), professor of plant physiology at UCONN. He and his wife made alterations to the house which included the addition of a sun room.

Post a Comment