St. Francis of Assisi Church, South Windsor (1942)

March 6th, 2016 Posted in Churches, Gothic, South Windsor

St. Francis of Assisi Church, South Windsor

St. Francis of Assisi Parish in South Windsor was established on September 17, 1941. Early parish Masses were held at the town hall auditorium on Main Street before a new church was built on 2.2 acres on Ellington Road that werepurchased from Elizabeth A. Nevers. The new church was dedicated on November 29, 1942. The church was renovated in 2006.

Post a Comment