169 Bank Street, New London (1890)

January 14th, 2016 Posted in Commercial Buildings, Italianate, New London

169 & 165-167 Bank Street, New London

Next to 165-167 Bank Street (the gray building on the right in the image above) is 169 Bank Street, a brick building on the corner of Bank and Pearl Street. In the mid-nineteenth century this was the site of a market run by Francis Holt. The current building was erected in 1890. It had a store run by W. M Lucy on the first floor with apartments above. The building suffered damage in a fire in 1947.

Post a Comment