St. John’s Episcopal Church, North Haven (1834)

January 10th, 2016 Posted in Churches, Gothic, North Haven

St. John's Episcopal Church, North Haven

The cornerstone for St. John’s Episcopal Church, at the northeast corner of the Green (current address: 3 Trumbull Place) in North Haven, was laid in 1834. Episcopalians in the town first gathered to organize their own Episcopal church in 1759. The current Gothic Revival church was preceded by a wooden church, without a steeple, dedicated on the same site on St. John’s Day, December 27, 1761.

Post a Comment