Adams and Stone’s Blocks (1894)

January 2nd, 2016 Posted in Commercial Buildings, Italianate, Winchester

Adams and Stone's Blocks, Main Street, Winsted

The two adjacent commercial buildings at 420-418 and 424-426 Main Street in Winsted were both built around 1894. The building on the right in the image above (No. 418, Winsted News Co.) was built by Horace O. Adams, who had his construction firm offices on an upper floor and ran a shoe store on the first floor. The building on the left (No. 424, Winsted Pawn & Jewlery) was built by Charles and Lester Stone, house painters, who had their offices in the building. Both buildings also contained residences as well as businesses.

Post a Comment