First Congregational Church of Woodbury (1817)

November 29th, 2015 Posted in Churches, Federal Style, Woodbury

First Congregational Church of Woodbury

The founding members of First Congregational Church and Ecclesiastical Society of Woodbury journeyed from Statford to Woodbury in 1673. Their first meeting house was a simple structure built in 1681. A second replacement meeting house was built on the same site in 1747 followed by the third and current building, erected in 1817-1818. The new building was dedicated on January 13th, 1819.

Post a Comment