United Illuminating Company Building (1909)

November 9th, 2015 Posted in Commercial Buildings, New Haven, Renaissance Revival

United Illuminating Co

Resembling a Venetian Palazzo, the building at 124 Temple Street in New Haven was built in 1909 as the offices of the United Illuminating Company. The company formed in 1899 when the New Haven Electric Company acquired the Bridgeport Electric Light Company. The company is now based in Orange. A third floor and rear wing were added to the building in 1916. Both the building and the addition were designed by R. W. Foote of Foote & Townsend.

Post a Comment