The Col. Charles A. Converse House is a striking Gothic Revival villa on Washington Street in Norwich. Built around 1870, it was first owned by Col. Converse, who was one of the founders of Hopkins and Allen, a major gun manufacturing company in Norwich. In 1907, the Converse Art Gallery, an addition to the Slater Memorial Museum donated by Col. Converse, opened to the public. The Converse Homestead property also has a barn built around the same time as the house.
Gothic, Houses, Norwich
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.