Wetmore West Block (1878)

July 15th, 2015 Posted in Commercial Buildings, Romanesque Revival, Winchester

Wetmore West Block

The commercial block at 410-416 Main Street in Winsted was erected in 1878 by John G. Wetmore, founder of the New England Pin Company. Wetmore had earlier built two attached buildings, the Winsted Opera House and the Wetmore East Block, the latter of which later became a post office. Neither of these two buildings survives today (the Opera House was gutted by a fire in 1901).

Post a Comment